If you are visiting Alex's site because you received a Random act of kindness or a giving box, please sign the guestbook! We like to see how far Alex's love is reaching. While your here, take the time to read Alex's story, the journal, and browse his pictures.
Some people are born with special hearts, the rest of us have to work at it;)
Don't know what I'm talking about?! Read on!
Facts about congenital heart defects:
1. Congenital heart defects are the #1 birth defect in the U.S
2. It is estimated by the American Heart Association that nearly 1.2 million Americans are living today with a congenital heart defect, some of them don't know it until it is to late.
3. An estimated, on average, 1 in every 100 babies are born with a congenital heart defect (In comparison to Down Syndrome, 1 in every 900)
4. In the U.S nearly twice as many children die each year from congenital heart defects than all forms of childhood cancers combined, yet, funding for pediatric cancer research is 5 times high than for congenital heart defects.
5. Congenital heart defects are the #1 cause of birth defect related infant deaths.
6. Of the children sticken with Congenital heart defects, 1 in 10 have fatal birth defects.
7. Currently, there is no known cause, cure or prevention of congenital heart defects.
8. On average, 40,000 babies are born each year with a congenital heart defect.
9. Currently, there are over 35 known types of CHD.
10. You CAN help to save the Heart of a child! Visit http://www.kidswithheart.org/
Also, when youre done here, grab some tissues and take a look at Alex's montage at http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=42c59bc2e1dbedd5a18bd
A request in honor of Alex...
At the bottom of this post a little message Please copy and paste it into a wordpad or word document, duplicate it to use up the whole page, print off a few copies, cut the messages apart and participate in our effort to make the world a little bit better in honor of Alexander. All you have to do is what most of us should be doing every day, little random acts of kindness. It might be paying for the person's food behind you in the drive through, helping a little old lady carry her groceries, When your at the gas station for a coffee, buy a lottery ticket and hand it to someone in the store, buy a small toy for a child in the store, bake some cookies and bring them to the local city hall, goodwill, or police station....just the things that we all should do but rarely take the time or effort to.
Everytime you do one of these random acts of kindness, please give the person one of these messages. They have Alex's website on them so at the same time as we help others, we can raise awareness of congenital heart disease as well!
Please also forward this to your friends!
Kathleen and Craig and the kids
This random act of kindness was done in
memory of Alexander Evertsen who passed
away March 16,2006 at the age of 6.5weeks
from Congenital heart disease. Pass this on and
keep the kindness going!