Monday, April 17, 2006

The first Holiday

So Easter was hard, harder than I even thought it would be. I didn't even want to do anything and if I didn't have kids I wouldn't have but it's not fair to deny them the simple childhood pleasures we have to go on living.

We went to moms for dinner. We didn't stay long and I feel bad for that but I just wasn't in any mood to celebrate anything. I wanted to go to the cemetary but I didn't, I just couldn't. I did go today though.

All in all, i'm just really glad easter is over. Mothers day will be the next obstacle to get through.

Tomorrow I'm planning to go the Minneapolis. Just me and a friend. I'm not sure if it will be as theraputic as I hope and the closer time gets the more I'm starting to panic.

We got some of Alex's medical record today, it wasn't exactly what I was hoping to get but it was something. I of course don't understand all of it because it's all in 'Dr Speak' but I understand enough. I think reading that kind of stuff takes me back, for the moment to when he was still alive. All those numbers and notes are relating to him so in a way through that, he's still here. Unfortunately I eventually have to stop reading and he's not here.....

I'm really struggling with being able to do everything. It's very hard to try to grieve, and be a mom to 5 other kids at the same time. There are sometimes too many hours in the day and not enough of me to go around. I hope this gets easier someday.

No comments: